NSA’s 73rd Annual Meeting was a great success. Attendees were able to attend CPE functions, business meetings, network and socialize at this year’s event. New Executive Committee and Board members were elected, and NSA’s prestigious awards were passed out to the winners. Here are some highlights of Minneapolis…
Accountant of the Year: One of NSA’s highest honors was presented to Stephen Haworth, CPA, ATA, ABA, ARA, of Stephen C. Haworth P.C. in Columbus, Indiana for his outstanding service and contributions to NSA and the accounting and tax profession.
Distinguished Service: Steven J. Hanson, CPA, EA, for significant and exemplary contributions for the betterment of NSA and it’s membership, as well as the accounting profession.
Speaker of the Year: Timothy Sundstrom, CPA, for outstanding NSA continuing education and presentations.
Young Professional of the Year: Mark Nelson Jr. EA, for making a difference in the profession, stepping forward in leadership and enthusiasm about the future of the profession.
Affiliated State Organization (ASO) of the Year: Hawaii Association of Public Accountants for its overall achievements and promoting and implementing NSA programs.
Norma Kraus State Director of the Year: Danette Daigle, EA, ARA, for her outstanding performance and dedicated service a director of an Affiliated State Organization.
Keith Billings Memorial Awards–in recognition of the most outstanding publication of an ASO, judged according to the importance of topics, coverage of activities, timeliness of articles, and format and overall appearance
- (over 300 members): Independent Accountants Association of Illinois for its publication, Debits and Credits.
- (under 300 members): Minnesota Association of Public Accountants for its publication, The MAPAN.
Tax Talker of the Year: Ellen Briscoe, EA, ATA, for her significant and consistent contributions to the NSA Tax Talk member discussion forum with technical, knowledgeable and practical assistance to member tax questions and needs.
Above and Beyond Award: Virginia Bruns, CPA, EA, ABA, ATA, ATP, ARA, in recognition of her efforts above and beyond to provide exceptional voluntary service in our profession, or to their community.
Legislative Above and Beyond Award: Hawaii Association of Public Accountants in recognition of efforts above and beyond to provide exceptional voluntary service in our profession.
ASO Board Monitoring and Legislative Awareness Award: Public Accountants Association of Kansas in recognition of its efforts to meet the criteria established by the State Regulation and Oversight Committee in monitoring the state accountancy boards.
Accountancy Board Monitoring Award: Recognizing ASOs that meet the criteria established by the State Regulation and Oversight Committee in monitoring the state accountancy boards.
- Alaska Society of Independent Accountants
- Arkansas Society of Accountants
- Hawaii Association of Public Accountants
- Independent Accountants Association of Illinois
- Accountants Association of Iowa
- Public Accountants Association of Kansas
- Maryland Society of Accounting & Tax Professionals
- Nebraska Society of Independent Accountants
- New Hampshire Tax and Accounting Professionals
- North Carolina Society of Accountants
- North Dakota Society of Accountants
- Oregon Association of Independent Accountants
- Washington Association of Accounting and Tax Professionals
- Wisconsin Association of Accountants
Ten Plus Club: Nancy Weinstein, EA, and Terry Bakker, CPA, EA