NSA conducts a periodic survey of members to gauge the average fees charged for tax and accounting services. The final report, NSA’s Income & Fees Survey, contains detailed information on fees charged for tax preparation/forms and accounting services, broken down by state, geographic region and practice size; operating expenses broken down by category; information on billing practices; succession planning and other business practices.
- National, regional, and state average fees for federal tax returns by form and by schedule along with average minimum and hourly fees.
- National, regional, and state average hourly fees and fixed monthly fees for write-up work and additional client services such as payroll, etc.
- Additional fee averages for IRS representation, expediting returns, extensions, etc.
- Average frequency of tax and accounting fee increases & office billing practices.
- Practice management data including average operating expenses, marketing, technology, practice mix and more.
Look for the new fee survey tool in August!
As an NSA member, we are asking you to participate in the new 2016-2017 Income and Fees Survey which will be sent out via email in August for members to complete so we can publish the results later this fall. The results will once again, be made available, at no cost, to NSA members.
NSA members have access to the current fee survey online when logging into http://www.nsacct.org/nsafeestudy. Here you can access online calculators for quick rate information, state and regional averages and the full report.
Follow the National Society of Accountants on social media!
Be sure to join in on the discussions in our LinkedIn group.