EA Exam Review Course & ATP Review Course/Exam August 20th – 22nd
NSA’s Enrolled Agent Exam Review Course will be held at the Downtown Marriot in Minneapolis, MN, prior to the National Society of Accountants’ Annual Convention. This review is a comprehensive and intensive—and we mean intensive—course geared toward a single purpose: to help you master tax basics and pass the EA exam.
Detailed study notes will be provided for each topic, including figures and charts that prove the old adage that “…a picture is worth a thousand words.” Hundreds of past exam questions from the open-exam era and many more potential questions on newer topics are incorporated and each is reviewed in class so the real exam itself will look like an old friend. Study tips, tricks and shortcuts are a staple of this course.
Included with Your Registration:
- The 3-Volume NSA Enrolled Agent Review Course in online and PDF formats—a $200+ Value! Preview Course Materials
- Detailed handouts, notes, examples, illustrations to follow the course step-by-step. Preview Sample Slides
- 18 (6 per part) detailed study lessons and review questions to help you master each section of the materials.
- Proven exam taking tips, tricks and strategy guides with tips for passing each part of the exam.
- Top 150 questions per part—essential questions on topics that you will absolutely need to master.
- Interactive online review and practice questions with explanations and analysis.
- Final Review Cards super summaries for each part of the exam—the perfect last-minute memory-jogger to review immediately before the exam.
- Weekly study guides with detailed assignments and time allocations.
- Comprehensive study aids that summarize the tax law related to a particular subject. These aids should prove valuable in last-minute reviews prior to the exam.
- Access to an online EA study community to post your questions and comments, respond to other commenters, and interact with the presenters. Added Bonus! Get access to even more sample questions and study tips.
- A complete sample EA exam to help you gauge your progress prior to taking the exam.
The ATP course package also includes:
- Extra hour on day 1
- The Accredited Tax Preparer digital course materials
- The proctored ATP exam on Tuesday or Wednesday morning (additional fee)
Both the Live Enrolled Agent Exam Review Course and the ATP Exam Review Course will be taught by two leading experts:
John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Accounting at VCU in Richmond, VA. John’s teaching specialty is federal taxation. He has authored or co-authored over 90 articles in academic and professional journals including the NSA EA Exam Review Course and 1040 101 Course, and is the coauthor of several textbooks, including CCH Practical Guide to Schedule M-3 Compliance, The HBJ Federal Tax Course, Income Tax Fundamentals, and Tax Planning With the Computer.
William A Duncan CPA, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Accounting at Arizona State University. Dr. Duncan was formerly a Director with Ernst & Young where he guided tax education for the firm. He is the author or co-author of three textbooks and has published a number of articles on a variety of tax topics in publications ranging from Taxes and The CPA Journal to the Journal of the American Taxation Association. He has taught in the AICPA National Tax Education program for over 20 years.
Earn the Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) Credential:
The Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) designation, offered by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation (ACAT), is also a leading national credential for tax practitioners who have a thorough knowledge of the existing tax code and the preparation of individual tax returns with an expertise in comprehensive 1040 issues including supporting schedules, self-employed returns, and ethics.
Earning the ATP credential exempts practitioners from taking and passing an Annual Federal Tax Refresher course and exam each year for the the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP).
The Accredited Tax Preparer exam is offered by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation (ACAT), established in 1973 as a non-profit independent testing, accrediting and monitoring organization. Learn More
Monday, August 20
EA Part 1: Individuals & Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) Exam Review
8:00am – 5:00pm
ATP course ends at 6:00pm
CPE: 2 Hours/Federal Tax Law Update; 2 Hours/Federal Tax Law; 4 Hours/SEE Exam Preparation
Accredited Business Accountant/Advisor Exam
9:00am – 12:00pm , 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Tuesday, August 21
EA Part 2: Businesses
8:00am – 5:00pm
ATP or ARA Exam
9:00am – 12:00pm
Wednesday, August 22
EA Part 2: Businesses, continued
8:00am – 12:00pm
Total CPE Part 2: 3 Hours/Federal Tax Law Update; 3 Hours/Federal Tax Law; 6 Hours/SEE Exam Preparation
EA Part 3: Representation, Practices & Procedures
1:00pm – 5:00pm
CPE: 2 Hours/Ethics/Regulatory Ethics
Thursday, August 23
ATP or ARA Exam
9:00am – 12:00pm
Choose Any 1 Part or All 3
Complete Course (all three parts)
NSA Member: $699
EA Part 1/ATP Course:
NSA Member: $275
EA Part 2:
NSA Member: $375
EA Part 3:
NSA Member: $200
ATP or ARA Exams August 21 & 23:
Requests for refunds must be received in writing and will be subject to a $75 cancellation fee. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (800) 966-6679.
Program Level: Basic/Intermediate
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of federal taxation
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Live